Thursday, June 5, 2008

10 comments:

Beth said...

great job, Mom! I think you are the coolest for taking up sketching again! I really like the one of Dad from the back seat. Very good job!

Russell & Jammie said...

I adore this picture. Dad you are the greatest!!! Mom your work is amazing! I am so excited to see more!

Ellis said...

Good job on the pig. Those feet look really good. You are capturing things well. I need to show you how to draw a person from the inside out, start with a basic skeleton then put the features on the person. When I draw people I usually take a picture of them in my mind then I draw that, then if they're still around while I'm drawing I look at them for reference to draw the picture in my head. Good job, keep it up.

Angela said...

This is the only spot I found to respond to your drawings. I think my favorites are the elephant cloud and the giraffe drawings (both versions). You are getting very good. I hope to see the book someday that you are drawing for and read the story. Love you mom.

Jennifer Lovell said...

Mom, you really are getting better! I see a difference in your new drawings than your first ones. Of course, you are trying new styles of drawing, too. The ones that I really liked most were the giraffe cloud and the lady with the crooked part in her hair--your drawing made her look even more beautiful, but you did a great job of copying her features. I didn't realize a person could improve so much with their drawings through practice in a short period of time (months, I guess), but you're doing so well with your practicing! Way to go!

Jennifer Lovell said...

Mom, I like your drawing of that girl from the Friend magazine. Isn't she cute? You did a great job. I bet you had fun with her.

Dana says, "That girl was really cool. I really liked all of the cloud pictures. You're great at drawing."

We love you!

Jeff and Julie's Family said...

I recognize that music shop in Bountiful. I have been there many times growing up. You are very good at sketching. I liked how you sketced people in the waiting rooms. I bet it made the time go buy quickly.

Jennifer Lovell said...

Mom, good job on the eyes and the mouths. It won't be long before you're doing all of our portraits (for free!), just for practice, and we'll be loving it when you give us all copies, for free : )!

Sanghi said...

The close-up of the lady is good work! Also the cute smiling girl is lovely. Do check my site and leave ur comments.

Brent Perkins said...

Very nice! You do such great pencil work.
I too enjoyed our session. If you want I can link you to my blog. Let me know. (I see Sanghi found you also.)