Sunday, April 12, 2009

Walker



This is my first drawing of a grandchild. Walker is 2 1/2 years old and a delightful boy. I recently spent 3 weeks at his house welcoming his new little brother into the family. Angela and Mark are his parents and Ephraim is his new brother.

11 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful little boy I have. Thanks mom for capturing his cuteness in your drawing. I love it.

Ellis said...

Fantastic! Such a good drawing of a cute little boy.

Melanie said...

Angela, I'm glad you like it. I love that little boy too.

Beth said...

It tured out so great! What a cute guy. You really captured him.

Jennifer Lovell said...

you're cool, Mom!!!

Melanie said...

Heh heh. Thanks Jenna.

MarkMark said...

Wow, great job mom!

I wasn't sure about it when you showed me the work-in-progress but you captured him nicely. And he was quick to answer Angela's question, "Who's that?" with "That's me!"

Russ Elkins said...

This is, without a doubt, the best my favorite that you've done. Not to mention it's the best quality you've done. So great.

Mona said...

Melanie,

Ellis showed me this drawing while I was in Utah last week. It took my breath away. You can just FEEL his spirit and see such depth of innocence in his eyes. You must be so in love with him!!! Do you think you will do one of all your grandchildren eventually? What a gift.

Mona

Hannah Z said...

Wonderful! All the features are perfect. It draws you in! I especially love the eyes! They're so hard to capture, and you did it! Fantastic job! :)

Melanie said...

Mona and Hannah - thanks for becomming followers of our blog. I feel like we're official now! I do hope to draw all of my grandchildren. It may take a while since there are eleven at this point. Since I improve with each drawing, I may have to start over when I get them all done.

Thanks for all of your kind comments everyone. It is very encouraging.