I am speechless. The moment I laid eyes on this I began to sob. My Ashley is severely disabled. She will be 29 this month and just this past week moved into a beautiful home away from home with two of her closest adult friends. It's an exciting time for her, yet I struggle with "letting" her "grow up" into a more independent lifestyle. It is the greatest challenge of my life thus far. Your artwork is not only beautifully executed but captures this poignant moment in her life as she faces away from her sheltered, dependent past, and gazes into a future of possibilities: new relationships, activities, and challenges. I'm sure you didn't know all of that when you selected this image. It is clear that you were inspired. It is a exquisite reassurance to me that everything will be alright. GOD BLESS YOU!
2 comments:
Wow! Dad. WOW! You're improving a ton with each picture. Very well done.
Bryan,
I am speechless. The moment I laid eyes on this I began to sob. My Ashley is severely disabled. She will be 29 this month and just this past week moved into a beautiful home away from home with two of her closest adult friends. It's an exciting time for her, yet I struggle with "letting" her "grow up" into a more independent lifestyle. It is the greatest challenge of my life thus far. Your artwork is not only beautifully executed but captures this poignant moment in her life as she faces away from her sheltered, dependent past, and gazes into a future of possibilities: new relationships, activities, and challenges. I'm sure you didn't know all of that when you selected this image. It is clear that you were inspired. It is a exquisite reassurance to me that everything will be alright. GOD BLESS YOU!
Mona Z
Post a Comment