
I have been taking my art in a different direction for a little while. I'm learning by making my version of other artists' work -- mostly from children's books and from cartoons. I use either a black gel pen or a water brush filled with ink to do the original picture. Then I colorize it with my field set of watercolors and waterbrushes. I have tried to use the same characters as I am representing, though I sometimes change things a bit. Hope you enjoy them, I am really enjoying making them and I'm learning a lot. These are almost in reverse order drawn, so the first is the last drawn, Frankenstein and his friend were a few days ago, and then Where The Wild Things Are #1 is next, etc. I won't colorize the last few, I'll just move on.











4 comments:
Dad - I really like this style of art for you. My favorite is the Donald Duck one, then the monster from Where the Wild Things are. I like these. Keep it up.
Wow, Dad, you're catching up with Mom! I actually thought she had drawn these until I read Angela's comment. These pictures are great, and my kids and I really enjoyed seeing them. My favorite is the round-faced Wild Thing.
These are great. Really nice work Dad.
Way to go, Dad. Keep it up, these are looking great. I like the color sensitivity you have in the Donald Duck one and the Wild Things are fun.
Post a Comment